General InformationDo you have minis?
- We are working on it! We know minis are quite popular and depending on the project, a necessity. The pandemic has made purchasing naked yarn quite difficult at times, and bases will become more available as we are able to purchase them. We understand how important being able to purchase minis are, so rest assured that we are on it!
- Yes, all of our yarn is sourced from a variety of mills, all of which are mulesing free.
- Yes! To ensure the best customer service and highest quality yarn possible, Cricket Yarn will accept a limited number of custom orders per month. Whether you need sweater quantity of something or really want a specific colorway, but on a different base, we got your back! Are you interested? Just Click Here to submit an inquiry and we will get back to you within 48 business hours.
- For the most part, we do not do pre-orders. There may be some occasions where an exception will apply, but generally, we primarily do ready-to-ship orders. In the event we do a pre-order, and you participate, just take note of the expected shipping date, as it is typically 2-3 weeks out. Finally, if you order ready-to-ship yarn with your pre-order, they will ship together once all of the yarn is ready.
- Absolutely! While dyeing our yarn, we take great care to try and get colorways as consistent as possible; however, due to the nature of hand dyed yarn, variations between skeins (even in the same lot) are inevitable. As a result, we do our best to match skeins when sending orders. Even though we do our best to color match, it is still highly recommended that you alternate skeins if using more than one.
- What we mean is that you alternate working from multiple skeins within a project to help avoid pooling or abrupt color changes. For a project knit in flat pieces, work two rows from one ball, then two rows from another, carrying the yarn loosely up the side. For a project knit in the round, you can knit one round from one ball and one from another, again carrying the yarns up the back of the work.
- Of course, we love cake! In the note section at the bottom of your cart page, specify which skeins you would like caked.
- Not to worry! There are a variety of factors that affect how much a skein weighs and generally, mills measure yarn by yardage – not weight. As a result, weight between skeins will vary slightly. If there is a drastic difference, please reach out so we can fix it!
- We dislike spam just as much as you do. As a subscriber you will have access to exclusive discounts, sneak peaks to colorways before they hit the store, as well as sales and shop update announcements.
- We aren’t just passionate about spreading joy through yarn; we also love the environment! We have diligently done hours of research to be as eco-friendly as possible. This means we have incorporated as many compostable, biodegradable, and recycled materials as possible.
Shipping/ReturnsHow do you ship?
- When you checkout, you will have the option to select from a variety of shipping options. You will receive a confirmation email with a tracking number once your order has left the building!
- Although we are based in San Antonio, TX, we do offer worldwide shipping. Please be mindful of the increased shipping rates, customs fees, and longer delivery time when ordering outside of the continental United States.
- At Cricket Yarn, we want nothing more than for you to be happy with your purchase! Afterall, we do what we do to spread joy and kindness. If you are not completely happy with your yarn, we offer free returns* within 30 days of purchase.** Indicate on our Contact form that you are interested in a return.
- *Free return shipping applies to orders within the continental United States. International purchases will be subject to standard shipping rates.
- **Skeins must be unused and in original condition to be eligible for return. Refunds will be issued once items have been received and inspected.
Yarn CareHow should I care for my yarn?
- We highly recommend handwashing our yarn in cool water with wool friendly soap. Then, get rid of excess water by rolling/pressing between towels, and finally reshaping/lying flat to dry.
- We take great care to ensure yarn will not bleed, but bleeding is still possible with the first couple of washes. This is especially true for colorways that are particularly saturated or those using Fluorescent and/or Turquoise dyes. If you plan on starting a project with highly contrasting color combinations, we recommend pre-washing yarn to avoid color contamination.
- Easy! Our yarn ships with skein ties still attached, unless you request that we cake your yarn. You can pre-wash your yarn in a sink or any other kind of container. Simply fill your container of choice with cool water, a small amount of wool friendly soap (some people also add a small amount of white vinegar, but this is completely up to you), and then add your yarn. Allow the yarn to soak for as long as you wish (generally 5 minutes or less is sufficient). When time is up, retrieve your skein(s) from the water, gently squeeze out excess water, and hang to dry.
- Oh gosh, we’re flattered! You're most likely an absolute catch, but it's probably best that we stay friends for now 😉